Pension rebates

If you receive a pension, we may give you a rebate (concession) on your bill.

Has Centrelink advised that they're reissuing your Pensioner Concession Card?

If Centrelink reissues your Pensioner Concession Card from 9 October 2017, we'll automatically reinstate your previous pensioner rebate on your next bill.

If this applies to you, we'll write to you after 9 October. You don't need to do anything.

We'll give you a rebate if you have either:

  • a Pensioner Concession Card from Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs
  • a gold Health Card from Department of Veterans' Affairs (also known as a gold card). Your card must show either:
    • War widow
    • War widower
    • Extreme disablement adjustment (EDA)
    • Totally and temporarily incapacitated (TTI)
    • Totally and permanently incapacitated (TPI).
We'll also give you a rebate if you receive a Department of Veterans' Affairs intermediate rate pension.

To get a rebate, you must own and live in your home. Your home must be a:

  • single dwelling
  • dual occupancy
  • strata or company title unit
  • unit in a retirement village with a life term lease.

If you own a property with someone who is not a pensioner, you may still get a rebate. This will depend on your relationship with the other owners and your eligibility for the rebate. 

Rebate on service charges

We apply a rebate to the service charges on each bill.

How do we calculate it?

We calculate your rebate in the following way. 

Water service 100% of the quarterly service charge to a maximum of $23.01
Wastewater service 80% of the quarterly service charge
Stormwater (if applicable) 50% of the quarterly service charge
Simply claim your pensioner rebate online or call us on 13 20 92.

We'll ask for your permission to check your pension details with Department of Veterans' Affairs or Centrelink.

When we confirm you're eligible, we'll apply a rebate to your next bill.
Ladies on a tablet

Many different types of customers get a rebate on their bill.